[pianotech] Agraffe Reduction

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Mon Dec 7 17:47:23 MST 2009

This sounded a lot like one of those bogus emails purporting to clarify the
mysterious origin of every expression known to the language, so I thought
I'd see what I could find.

Initially skimming the following article, I didn't immediately see the
answer I was looking for, but I did see the heading "Thumb Used For
Regulation" (which pretty well describes how I sometimes feel when trying to
DO a regulation on a piano, but I digress...) http://bit.ly/2YY76u

AnOn WeGo

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 6:37 PM, <PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com> wrote:
<snip>

> And for what it's worth, "rule of thumb" comes from old English law (some
> still on the books) that states that you can't beat your wife with anything
> thicker than your thumb.

</snip>