[pianotech] Replacing plastic elbows

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Tue Dec 8 04:19:13 MST 2009

I ground down a pair of end nippers to fit into the slot
on the wippen to cut away at the plastic which is there.
This was a tip from someone long ago on the list.

Wooden elbows are not cost effective, use the clip-on
plastic elbows.  I'm with Jim Johnson on threading them
on, using ViseGrips as a stop. Snap on the VG and cut
off the old plastic. Threading them on can't take any
longer than it does to heat the wire. Plus you don't get
the stench of melting plastic. The advantage of using
heat is that you get to play with fire.
--

Regards,

Jon Page