[pianotech] Replacing plastic elbows

Denise Rachel pp-ff at verizon.net
Tue Dec 8 17:04:32 MST 2009

You guys are a regular circus!

I've been at this trade for 37 years and have never heard tell of a
"new" elbow breaking.  The only problem I ran into was when moths ate
some of the felt because I didn't store them properly.

When I was in school in the early 70's, my teacher Robert Carbaugh
used these spinets as an example of a really bad piano.
Sadly, today when I see these old instruments, decades worse for wear,
they can actually sound better than some of the shiny new imports.  So
sure, I'd still take the job   ---   sitting cross legged in front of
the piano for a few hours.