[pianotech] lyer system question

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 8 21:17:12 MST 2009

Hi Everyone,

A customer of mine, a school, has an Ivers & Pond I believe with this squeaky pedal, the sustain. I tryed and sometimes it squeaked and others it didn't. Also the pedal rods themselves rattle and are noisey.   I have VJ lube for the squeak, but my questions are, the pedal rods seem corroded.  What do you guys/gals use to clean the peal rods get all the gunky feeling off them?  Also, what do you do to take away that rattling of the rods when the pedals are being used?  This pinao needs soo much work, but they are not going to do it.  Thanks everyone

Marshall

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com