[pianotech] Fwd: strings leveling

Mark Dierauf pianotech at nhpianos.com
Wed Dec 16 06:19:54 MST 2009

I use my string leveling tool to slightly depress the center string.
Then the bubble gives an accurate reading of the plane of just the outer
two strings. Once I have these where I want them I can bring the center
string into line. Although the bubble isn't ideal, I feel it does help
me to keep the unisons all more or less in the same plane, which saves
time and effort when it comes to actually mating the hammers to the strings.

- Mark