[pianotech] Faulk tuning hammers

Norman Dutton duttonpiano at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 17 11:05:26 MST 2009

Thank you everyone, for your suggestions. I also posed this question to
Charles Faulk, who responded that (I'm paraphrasing) because the CF
hammers are stiffer, they can be longer, which is easier on your joints
and muscles. And as Kent Swafford pointed out, one can always choke up
on the handle, but you can't make it longer. I'm in the process of
ordering an 11" CF-A hammer from Charles.

Norman Dutton
Dutton Piano Service