[pianotech] cantilevered bass dampers

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 20 01:10:26 MST 2009

Even though you didn't schedule have time to fix the problem, it is always a good idea to pull the action...how long can that take?   Then you have a good chance to see the problem and convey a plan of action in the future.   The customer certainly will be willing to pay you to clean out the action cavity and 10 to 15 years of debri...which might fix the problem.   Consider offering a longer service for the first time.   They pay extra but get full cleaning, pedals regulated.   You do carry a vacuum, right?

Does the piano have 3 pedals?   What does the left pedal do?   What does the middle pedal do?   If the bass section lifts with the middle pedal does it lift evenly.   You gots to check all the pedals...

A0 lifting way high and the end of the bass lifting way late is screwy sounding...I would want to know if A0 is lifting the same time as the tenor/treble?...

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA  94044