[pianotech] hot glue gun?

Garret Traylor hpp at highpointpiano.com
Sat Dec 26 05:56:16 MST 2009

Lance,
I sometimes use “hot glue stick” for some pedal felt repair, Bottom knee board when squeaks arise to secure felt between board and case.  I keep in an “Adhesive and Glues Box” with a small stick on hand (no gun); if needed I just briefly heat the end of the stick with a lighter.  For our band instrument repair, we use glue stick to float pads for clarinets, and to repair instrument cases.  Generally, it is not the most appropriate glue to use for repair but sometimes helpful.  Use common sense.

Kindest Regards,

Garret