[pianotech] Tight Tuning Pins

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Jan 1 06:41:46 PST 2009

How much more than 100 lbs.? 120 lbs. of torque is not bad.

But on really tight pins, I use the heavy impact hammer sold by Schaff (I think) for pitch raises - fast and really saves my shoulder, etc. For fine tuning I use my regular lever (Keith Bowman). However, if I was willing to spend the dough, I'd buy one of Dean Reyburn's lightweight impact levers - I've tried them out at a converence and really like them.

Terry Farrell