[pianotech] Saturdays

AAA Piano Works, LLC aaapianoworks at verizon.net
Fri Jan 2 11:10:14 PST 2009

Very nice response............

Anyone else willing to chime in????????

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf Of Farrell
Sent: Thursday, January 01, 2009 9:19 AM
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Subject: Re: [pianotech] Saturdays

IMHO, these two responses sum it up. If Saturday is a normal targeted
working day for you, charge normal rates. If it is a day you choose to not
work and someone wants you to do something you don't otherwise want you to
do (like work!), then charge enough extra to put a smile on your face.

For me, Saturday's are at least a $50 surcharge. I have a regular gig going
every other Sunday (service pianos on cruise ship) - and therefore, every
other Sunday is a work day for me. I charge my normal fees for that day.

Use the smile factor. If you're not smiling, you're not charging enough.

Terry Farrell