[pianotech] 1800's square.......

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Jan 3 04:12:15 PST 2009

Hello Leslie,

I am the proud (?) owner of an 1870s Emmerson square grand piano - maybe I can help you. It likely has the standard oval tuning pins that many of the American squares have/had. The standard oval tip that the piano supply houses sell will work. No idea what pitch the string scale was designed for - I usually just try to tune squares at A440 unless there is evidence of lots of rust or past string breakage.

What else ya wanna know?

Terry Farrell