[pianotech] Yamaha C7 Hammer Rake Angle

V T pianovt at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 5 17:17:51 PST 2009

Hello All,

I wonder if someone here could help me resolve a question regarding a
‘87ish Yamaha C7. I am looking at its original Yamaha factory supplied
hammers, and I think they were installed with a slight rake angle. Can anyone
confirm if C7s of this vintage were actually built that way? If they actually
did this at the factory, was the shank meant to overstrike, with the
rake angle assuring that the hammer strikes the strings with its peak?

Thanks!

Vladan