[pianotech] Rebushing - New Article

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Tue Jan 6 16:49:52 PST 2009

The recent discussion of centres etc. has raised some interesting
points and there are may other relevant points that have not been
mentioned.

The piano that is the subject of my article on Grand Hammer Rebushing
is 140 years old.  I am having to rebush the hammers because someone
else has re-centred them at some point.  I don't expect hammer
centres to remain trouble-free for 140 years but it's not
unreasonable to hope that the other centres will, and in fact that is
the case with this piano, though I must admit it seems to have had a
pretty quiet life.

Here is the article:

<http://pianomaker.co.uk/technical/rebushing_hammers/>

All comments are welcome

JD

--
   Delacour Pianos  *  Silo  *  Deverel Farm  *  Milborne St. Andrew
                      Dorset DT11 0HX  *  England