[pianotech] Changeable Pitch Action

Mark Provenzano provotuning at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 7 12:43:25 PST 2009

Hello,

I just received delivery of a Vough Piano with a functional "Changeable Pitch Action," a lever which can raise the pitch by a half step. I'm a novice technician, and my intention is to use this piano for practicing repairs/regulating/tuning. I think it's about 100 years old, but am not sure exactly (serial # 4437), and other than the cabinetry, it's in pretty bad shape.

Before I start tinkering with this thing and swapping out parts, I just wanted to be sure that I wasn't tampering with a rare or historic piano. And I was wondering if anyone knew of any information out there on these pianos.

Thanks,

Mark Provenzano