[pianotech] Changeable Pitch Action

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Wed Jan 7 14:15:29 PST 2009

Mark

I ran into one of these piano some time ago. I presume this is a straight strung piano, in that all the strings go straight up and down. (That's the only way the shift will work).
Mine was also a "bird cage" action.

I don't know of any historical significance, (I'm sure Jack Wyatt will chime on this), but I do remember the lever tearing a hole in my pants.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Mililani, Oahu, HI
808-349-2943