[pianotech] Impact Tuning Lever

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 07:08:29 PST 2009

To add to Terry's comments:I own a CyberHammer. It was one of the earlier
ones, and not the titanium kind.  It works well, but I'm mostly using it
only on pianos with really tight pins.  I find that using the Fujan carbon
fiber lever with a karate chop motion works better for me ... except on
those pianos with really tight pins.  The Fujan, for me, is faster and much
lighter.  The CyberHammer I have is a bit over one pound.

As far as hand fatigue goes, I think I had some of that even with the CH.
 But after getting the muscles used to that new technique, everything is now
fine.

I think the older impact lever that Schaff sold was called the Mehaffey.  I
used one of those briefly, but didn't ever feel comfortable with it.  The CH
is a better tool.

--
JF