[pianotech] Piano not in tune with keyboard

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Thu Jan 8 14:42:42 PST 2009

Schools up here (Nova Scotia, Canada), are notoriously dry in January. There can be quite a difference from Nov. till Jan. The drop in humidity, results in a lower pitch.
Another possibility, is that the synthesized was not set up to A440 initially.
Then again, with the stretch in the octaves of a piano, in reality only the A440, will be right on.
Don't even try to tune the piano to the synthesizer, they are two different instruments, and aren't supposed to match accross the scale.
John Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada