[pianotech] hearing test

tom tomtuner at verizon.net
Fri Jan 9 08:57:53 PST 2009

List,

While at my local bid chain drug store today, they had a Beltone  hearing
center booth set up.

I took a ten minute audiogram screening  (as opposed to the 90 minute test)
and had happy results.

They screen between 250Hz and 6K Hz and I could hear the tones as low as 5db
to 15 db .

The technician said my age adjusted target (55) is to hear all tones at or
below 20db.

I think I'll schedule a full test with a real audiologist instead of a
hearing aid salesperson at my next physical to get a baseline.

Any of my compadres on list had a like test?

Tom Driscoll