[pianotech] screwed but good

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Fri Jan 9 10:14:30 PST 2009

Floyd Gadd wrote:
>   I have occasionally (not yet in piano work) run into scews that look
> like they're Phillips, but are actually Posidrive.  The machining of
> the head and of the screwdriver bit are a bit different, and give a
> better driving interface than the standard phillips scews and
> scewdrivers.  If the problem is that the screwdriver is not staying
> engaged in the screw, I would you encourage you to investigate if this
> is the issue.  Here's a link to a graphic that can be useful:

> http://artofdesign.files.wordpress.com/2006/07/screwdrivers.jpg

In fact, ALL flange screws in Renner actions and Renner back actions are
Pozidrive, as I  pointed out to the good folks from Renner USA at the
Anaheim
Convention last year.   Apart from that, Floyd is correct - you need the
right screwdriver for the right screw...

I happen to carry Pozidrive screw drivers and bits. [I know, I'm being
bad again...]

Jurgen Goering
Piano Forte Supply