[pianotech] blackberry vs pda

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 06:24:45 PST 2009

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 4:55 AM, Tom Servinsky <tompiano at bellsouth.net>wrote:

>  List,
> I came in on this discussion late. My Dell Axim 5, which has been
> absolutely dependable for the past 5 yrs is finally showing signs of dying.
> I too am in the market to consider other options. I was wondering if anyone
> out there has anything to say about the Blackberry route.
> I'm seriously considering combining the phone and pda into one platform,
> however not with reservations.
> I personally like having 2 separate devices for the obvious reason of
> not putting too many eggs in one basket. However when I went shopping for a
> new PDA I was shocked to see that the typical "old school" pda is quickly
> becoming extinct. There were hardly any to be found.  I quickly realized
> that the industry was pushing their might on us and telling us that our
> options will be on their terms from this point forward.
> We have our cell phone service with Verizon and now am looking at the
> what's available. I looked at the Palm devices, which I like. But I really
> liked the Blackberry platform much better. The Blackberry Storm really has
> caught my attention, but would like to hear comments of those already using
> it as to whether I should continue down this route.
> Any suggestions would be most welcomed.
> Tom Servinsky

I have a cousin with a Blackberry Storm. I could find out more about that
particular model from her.

Does the Storm have Wi-fi?  I don't think so, but I'd have Wi-fi on any
device like that. It speeds things up considerably.

My all-in-one is an iPhone. I like it well, but it has room for improvements
too. No ETD available for that, though.

--
JF