[pianotech] blackberry vs pda

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 15:43:09 PST 2009

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 3:57 PM, David Ilvedson <ilvey at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>  I'm concerned about cellphone use also.   Does a Bluetooth ear piece have
> the same radiation as a cell phone?   Better to have a corded earpiece...?

I'm not an expert, so this is partly conjecture.  We're talking about
radiation from a cellphone that is designed to travel miles to a tower.
Bluetooth radiation is designed to travel up to 30 feet.  Bluetooth should
be much safer, although undoubtedly there is some risk. I use a corded
earphone because I like the sound of it better. Cordless is way more
convenient, although there is that extra thing to keep charged up and ready.

I read somewhere that the radio waves from a cell phone penetrate about 1
1/2 inches into the skull when the phone is up next to the ear. I fear that
a few years into the future many people will realize they paid a dear price
for the convenience of mobile conversation.

--
JF