[pianotech] repin CA'd pinblock

Fenton Murray fmurray at cruzio.com
Sat Jan 10 16:03:06 PST 2009

List,
The patient is an early 80's grey market Yamaha C7 doing duty in a recording studio. An other wise decent piano, the tuning pins have been driven down and are still low in torque. This is a piano that might benefit from a restringing with larger pins latter, but now I'd like to hear from someone who has restrung a piano with a block previously treated with CA. I'm thinking of treating this block, but would like to not kill the option of a latter simple re-string on a relatively young piano.
Thank you,
Fenton