[pianotech] PIano appraisal

William Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Mon Jan 12 16:26:13 PST 2009

The Schimmel Uprights that I have seen, admittedly, were not used.  I did some work for a dealer and saw a number of Schimmel uprights going out from 2003 and on, and by and large they were very nice.  Actually, no complaints really.  Very clear treble, minimal false beats, not the easiest to tune, but far from difficult, very well constructed, and manufactured.  Don't be thrown by no DAG on the bridges, it's normal and it's not a bad thing.  My experience is that when a new customer calls and has a Schimmel upright, I'll be very happy to service that piano.

FWIW,
William R. Monroe