[pianotech] blackberry vs pda

Tom Servinsky tompiano at bellsouth.net
Tue Jan 13 04:14:40 PST 2009

Ben
I went and took a look at the 8830 model. Couple of questions:
You had mentioned about talking on the phone, while trying to schedule. This could be a deal breaker for me. Could you put it on speaker phone so that you are able to hear the conversation and enter data?  Am I understanding you correctly that the phone conversation can continue while continuing to look at the calendar and other features?
I'm not a big ear piece gadget guy, but I guess if it means making this work platform for me I might have to look at this  a bit differently.
By the way, the Blackberry Storm, which many have raved about, turns out to be a very unstable machine. Freezes up and has a lot of bugs to work out.
One feature I hate to give up is the touch screen that my Dell Axim has. I've grown quite fond of that feature and the 8830 doesn't have that. Hmmmm.
Tom Servinsky