[pianotech] Smoke odor

William Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Thu Jan 15 06:21:31 PST 2009

Thanks Al,

Hoping for something that is a bit quicker, but I'll file this away as well.

WRM

Here is what I have done with excellent results.

1, Clean the piano down well. I like orange cleaner in water. Use it damp to
semi-wet and dry immediately.
2, Blow a big fan on it for about a week or two. I keep it running day and
night. Move the fan around. Under the lid, under the bottom, etc.
3, Put it in a small room or make a tent to cover the piano and have an
ionizer run for about a month.
4, Do a final wipe down as in step one.

It takes some time to do, but I am happy with the results.

Al