[pianotech] Bob Sluss

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Thu Jan 15 21:10:10 PST 2009

If you don't know him and you're receiving bounced emails that you never
sent, no, do not open any attachments. It's spam. It may be that the spammer
just formatted spam to look like a bounced email, or it could be that it was
actually sent with your address in the reply-to, bounced, and came back to
you. I had a slew of those a year or two ago.

I've drastically cut down the amount of spam I get by simply not having my
address on any website, and when I sign up for something that requires an
email address, I create a new alias. If I start getting spam addressed to
the alias, then I know who's responsible for selling me out, and I can just
delete the alias.  Most web hosts allow you a large number of aliases.

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN