[pianotech] elbows

Paul McCloud pmc033 at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 16 06:25:31 PST 2009

Hi, Richard:
	I found that you can actually repin or repair a split wippen in a spinet,
though it's not easy or sure.  If you remove the bridle strap, it will
hang, and maybe bend the spoon to let it hang even further.  Of course,
you'll have to bend them back.  (Where is Uri Geller when you need him!).
I don't know from your description how badly damaged the wippen(s) are/is
damaged.  It's tough, but can be done in some circumstances.
	Good luck.
	Paul McCloud
	San Diego

in my car for about 2yrs.or so). Now some of the keys are sluggish etc.
> Would lubricating the bushing of the elbow help cure?
>
> No lost motion , also two of the whippen parts where the elbow pins to
the action broke(sh**)! What would be the best way to repair without
pulling action?