[pianotech] This Little Light of Mine.........

Brian Doepke bdoepke at verizon.net
Sun Jan 18 09:58:57 PST 2009

The other day I dropped a center pin onto the customer's wooden floor.  It
matched the color and the grain perfectly.  Crap!  I couldn't find it.  I
sat back and thought for a minute....then took out a small, flashlight and
shined it along the floor, laying the flashlight on the floor and sweeping
the area like the light in a lighthouse.

In 10 seconds I found it.....it was much faster than the 2 minutes I had
already spent looking.

This flashlight technique is what is used to inspect drywall when first put
up.  Looking for shadows and irregularities.

 I hope that this might help you.

Brian P. Doepke, RPT

A.A.A. Piano Works, LLC

Piano Tuning + Service