[pianotech] McLube ... or McCrud?

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr at srvinet.com
Mon Jan 19 19:31:11 PST 2009

intreaging
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr at srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: John Formsma
  To: Pianotech List
  Sent: Monday, January 19, 2009 8:14 PM
  Subject: [pianotech] McLube ... or McCrud?

  Shop cleaning today. Noticed some strange growth in an unopened bottle of McLube 444? that I'd bought at the Rochester convention. So that's been 2 1/2 years ago, right?

  It has been unopened, as I've been using up other lubes that were already opened. Notice the line of crud going from the bottom to the lid.  It's like it's growing from the bottom up.  Weird.  When shaken, it did not return to the clear substance that it was when purchased.  It had chunks of stuff floating in it, and was very murky looking.

  Any of you guys know what that crud growth might be?  I'm no chemist, but I'd say whoever packs this stuff in the bottles should find an alternate container. Some reaction in the liquid to the lid material?  Or reaction to the plastic bottle?   ???

  --
  JF