[pianotech] PDA for tuning software

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Jan 21 04:27:08 PST 2009

Hi Will - I don't know a darn thing about anything I haven't used (Palm TX), but I do know something about that which I have used. I have owned an HP IPAQ 111 for maybe 1-1/2 years now and I run Verituner on it. I have Spurlock's little cradle so that you can set the unit on a tuning pin when in use. It is nice and small and easy to use. It has not failed me yet. The battery lasts about 5 hours or so - so if you have a day of heavy use, you need to either charge it in the car between tunings, have an extra battery, plug it into the wall, or carry a spare battery pack (like I do!). Other than that, it seems to be a winner!

Terry Farrell