[pianotech] Baldwin Model E

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Jan 21 05:36:02 PST 2009

Al Guecia/AlliedPianoCraft wrote:
> Ron? Del? David L? Care to jump in at this point? Should I rescale the
> wire strings on this piano? I'm keeping the original soundboard and
> bridges (customer didn't want to change them). Board could have a little
> more crown, but isn't too bad. Please email privately with what I need
> to do to proceed.
>
> Al

There isn't a whole lot that can be done with just the plain
wires, other than determining tension levels, without changing
speaking lengths. Most of the benefits possible with the
original bridges will be in the wrapped strings. I doubt
anyone would be interested in scaling the plain wire with
someone else doing the wrapped strings, and I wouldn't want to
scale the wrapped strings without getting a look at the rest
of the scale to see what best fits.

It's all, ideally, supposed to work together.

Ron N