[pianotech] Piano truck/castors

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Wed Jan 21 08:20:16 PST 2009

On 1/21/09, Dempsey Jr., Paul E <dempsey at marshall.edu> wrote:
> Conrad,
> Thanks for the reply. These are single brass castors 3"+ in width, about
> 2.5" in diameter, no brakes.
>
> pd

I would think that, if the bottom of the leg/ferrule fits in the cup
on the end of the arm and the height of that cup is the same height as
the bottom of the leg while on the original caster you shouldn't have
any problem - other than the lifting...

However...
We got a Gibwin L a few years back and the ferrule is firmly attached
to the caster.  They fit the description you give for yours. Unpainted
bottom two inches of legs got painted black.

When we put our Hamburg D on a spider, I had to make spacers to raise
the piano back up - (we didn't/don't have the budget for full length
legs)

--
Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT
Luther College