[pianotech] tuning cold pianos

Piano Boutique pianoboutique at comcast.net
Wed Jan 21 17:40:27 PST 2009

Barbara,

I used to live in Eureka CA and tuned for the college concert series.  The bands would have there pianos in the very large trucks and drive up highway 101 in the winter with it raining.  They would put the piano on the stage and have me tune it at 2:00.  I would return about six and touch it up and, what a difference.  One time I went up on stage and looked at the piano after the concert and I don't remember how much, but it sure fell, around three beets.

The lesson is that I always worried and always felt I wish I could do them better, but it never happen.  Last lesson, no one ever complained.  The ones that didn't know didn't matter and those that knew had been in the business long enough to know.

Good luck,
William
PIANO BOUTIQUE
William Benjamin