[pianotech] Estonia

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 05:35:21 PST 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 10:24 PM, Marcel Carey <mcpianos at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  What kind of tuning lever are you using?
> Since I've started using Fujan, these tune easier. Do I like extra-hard
> tuning pins ? No way. I even suspect that pins that are too tight can hurt a
> pinblock.
> Marcel Carey
>
> ------------------------------

And what lever technique?
Fujan definitely makes for an easier job. I've tried a variety of levers,
from a Jahn to a couple of homemade ones that are stiffer than the typical
lever. The Fujan is by far the stiffest of the ones I've used.
On really tight pins, some more mass might help, especially on the end of
the lever. I'm having a machinist make me something that will allow for that
on the Fujan. It will also let me use a Jahn head on the Fujan shaft,
something I've been wanting to try for a while.

--
JF