[pianotech] selling old ivory

tom tomtuner at verizon.net
Fri Jan 23 05:44:53 PST 2009

  _____

List,

The old chipped --  i.e. no good for piano work-- ivory that most of us have
gathering dust  is used by craft and jewelry makers. For example I had a guy
ask for a few pieces for the inlay on an old pool table. Right before the 05
convention in Rochester I sold a 30 year collection (maybe a 1000 pieces) of
mostly tails and crappy heads for $300.00 on ebay. Turning some old junk
into a new Faulk or Fujan was my intent but instead I used the money to
entertain Phil Bondi .

Tom Driscoll