[pianotech] Estonia

tom tomtuner at verizon.net
Tue Jan 27 05:33:47 PST 2009

Carl,

 I worked for a Baldwin dealer in the late 70's (The height of the Baldwin
tight pin era) and I did break a few pins. The biggest problem was the
jumpy-snappy nature of the process. I was just out of school and
inexperience was certainly a factor in my struggles. I remember a 243 school
piano with the rubber wheels rolling away from me as I pushed-pulled and
swore. That being said I really think breaking a pin is an unlikely event.

Tom Driscoll

When I've had to tune a Baldwin, once or thrice, I've always feared actually
breaking a pin,

cause I've had to pull so hard.  What are the possibilities of that
happening ??

Carl / Wpg.

7:08 AM