[pianotech] headlights

Steven Hopp hoppsmusic at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 28 14:26:34 PST 2009

I thought just yesterday about how much a "miners" light would help in some situations.  I too worried about the dorky aspect.  However, I could have used it in the situation I had today.  Small grand pushed in the corner with no lights above or around.  I'll give it a try...thanks

Steven

Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 17:23:15 -0500From: deanmay at pianorebuilders.comTo: pianotech at ptg.orgSubject: [pianotech] headlights

I got a 3 LED headlight at Lowe’s several months ago. It runs off 3 AAA batteries which last forever and gives off a really bright light. It spent many weeks in my tool pouch unused. Not sure why, maybe I was worried about looking dorky when using it. I finally decided to start using it and now I use it at least once a day, many days more often than that. In low light situations I’ll use it even to see where to put the mutes in the upper treble of spinets. Invaluable when laying on your back under grands, working on trapwork or installing dampchasers.

I highly recommend it as an essential tool, and they aren’t expensive.

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802