[pianotech] FW: laminated ribs again

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 28 20:43:04 PST 2009

Not at all meaning to "pick on you", Del, but my 1899 Knabe has laminated ribs. I doubt they're anywhere nearly as scientifically designed as yours, but it's nice to know someone also "came up" with this idea, "way back when".  Has anyone here pursued laminating ribs on old soundboards "in situ" to improve lost crown? ( With a thin strip added to the spine of the old rib, in a compressed caul? ) I'm considering experimenting with this method, on a really crummy old upright, strings in place, with a  collapsed board.

Euphonious Thumpe