[pianotech] One of dem days

Shawn Brock shawnbrock at fuse.net
Thu Jan 29 06:54:13 PST 2009

William,

you are a hell of a man to admit this!  The same incident played out for me
about 2 weeks ago.  A M&H bb I have in to restring.  The piano belongs to
Nevin Essex who's another technician in town.  He was in the shop with me
and we had put in all of the perimeter screws and snugged them up nicely.
Then Nevin recalled that he had not put in the nose bolts.  Just to add
another insult to the situation we discovered that he also hadn't drilled
through the new board.  Embarrassing!  But hey, its his piano, his board,
I'm just the stringer...

Shawn Brock, RPT