[pianotech] CA disposal?

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr at srvinet.com
Thu Jan 29 08:03:32 PST 2009

Hi,
Personally havent tried wax paper, but my initial reaction is that the CA would have a tendency to run.
That would be a problem with my clumsy legs, and glue would reach areas not intended to be glued >g<!
With any other paper that I have used the CA spots on the paper snd does not go through to contact the
surface below the paper ie the key bed. The moisture in the paper sets up thin CA in a matter of seconds.
I have also noticed that the glue on the bottom of the spill sets up first. While the top may still be wet the bottom
will be hard. The glue seems to harden like ripples radiating like when one throws a stone into a pond of water.
Havent had any drip through yet on grands but do take precautions. Uprights are worse to treat. Especially
when one gets too eager and erects the upright prior to the pools of glue setting up. I do dab the excess of
glue from the webbing with paper towel and a screw driver but under the plate lurks excess glue to gleefully run
down onto the strings and dampers to ruin oned frame of mind.%&#@)&%^@ and other deleted niceties. <G>
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr at srvinet.com