[pianotech] singing sustain, what to do?

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Jan 30 17:02:21 PST 2009

Mike Spalding wrote:
> Thanks - Excellent idea - as you say, it should tell me if this is the
> cause of the noise.  Doesn't necessarily tell me how to fix it, though.

Diagnose first, and define the target. It narrows down the
choice of fixes, and minimizes the damage potential. Damage
potential is possibly the only thing I'll accept as being
anywhere near an expert in, so I'm pretty sure on this one.
When you nail down the cause, call back if the fix doesn't
jump up and wave it's arms at you saying "Me, me, pick me!!!".
Ron N