[pianotech] pianotech-querry about insurance

pianolady50 at peoplepc.com pianolady50 at peoplepc.com
Fri Jan 30 18:21:20 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: <wjstuner at juno.com>
To: <pianotech at ptg.org>
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 6:46 PM
Subject: [pianotech] pianotech-querry about insurance

How many full-time techs that are self employed, that do some work for music
stores and don't have a store, have business liability insurance?
I was asked by the store owner where I do some work, that I may have to get
insurance because of IRS regulations.

Bill Schlipf
Bloomington, IL

Hi Bill,

Yes, I definitely have liability insurance.  It is one part of my business
insurance.  I'm not aware as to why the IRS would require such. However, I
can certainly see why the store or any other contractor would want you to
carry it.  Is it possible that *their* insurance provider (rather than the
IRS) requires it of any entity that the store indicates as a sub-contractor?
I did have to send a copy of my coverage to one of the stores that sends me
their key work.

Debbie L.