[pianotech] Another insurance question

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Fri Jan 30 21:24:28 PST 2009

Debbie:

I would clearly arrange with your client to make repairs at a price set by
you, and paid by him. Let him seek compensation through whatever route he is
able. Don't get in the middle of it. This instrument has either huge value (to
him, sentimentally), or little value (in the market). I would recommend  that
you stay distant from the valuation process, and that, as a restorer,  with a
financial history and financial interest if he has you do the  repair, you
are not legitimately in the position of establishing value.

Paul

In a message dated 1/30/2009 8:55:55 P.M. Central Standard Time,