[pianotech] singing sustain, what to do?

Mike Spalding mike.spalding1 at verizon.net
Sat Jan 31 09:14:58 PST 2009

Paul,

Not sure if there will be follow-up activity on this or not.  This
happened yesterday during a tuning / service visit, and I didn't have
time to do any more than what I did.  I told the owner what it might
cost to have me return and continue to troubleshoot, and that I would
ask pianotech and other sources for ideas.  I've gotten some good
suggestions for troubleshooting, but  we haven't uncovered any other
techs who have actually experienced this noise.   Since it's only an
issue on verrrry slowww operation of the pedal, she may not want to
invest in more exploration.  But if anything does happen, I'll update y'all.

Mike