[pianotech] bushing cloth wear, (was Best Bushing)

Mike Morvan keymaestro at verizon.net
Sat Jan 31 13:53:22 PST 2009

Ed,
    I second your statement concerning bushing cloth. The bushing cloth
these days appears to be more of a spongy felt than a firm woven cloth. We
have had new and old keyboards in our shop from pianos and organs made in
The United States, England, Germany, Japan, and China. The problem appears
universal in instruments from all over the world and in models ranging from
the el-cheapo to the budget-buster. Another big concern is the mystery glues
that are becoming more popular for bushing insertion, ranging from wood glue
to hot-melt to double sided tape. Mike
Blackstone Valley piano
Michael A. Morvan
76 Sutton Street