[pianotech] singing sustain, what to do?

Mike Spalding mike.spalding1 at verizon.net
Sat Jan 31 14:51:05 PST 2009

David,

Very slow means very slow.  I don't understand what your question
means.  Should have said very slow raising or lowering of the damper
lift tray, as I have isolated the noise to that part of the system, and
eliminated the pedal, rod, trapwork, and pitman.

Re: friction, here's what I know for sure.  The noise is not coming from
the trapwork or pitman.  The tray pivots are very free, and silent.
The individual underlevers / damper guide bushings are moving freely.

Mike