[pianotech] Flippin a Truck

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Wed Jul 1 15:45:38 MDT 2009

Stay away, and make them sign a waiver of any liability to you (if you
installed it), the truck company, or anyone involved!!!!  Using something
designed for the opposite of what it's designed for is a risk the owner
will have to assume on their own stupidity.  Make sure you're not involved
in any way!!  Good advise!
BTW...I don't really think anyone would hear a difference in the sound! Is
this just for the player to see the director??  sounds really silly to me!

Paul

Matthew Todd <toddpianoworks at att.net>
Sent by: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
07/01/2009 04:36 PM
Please respond to
pianotech at ptg.org

pianotech at ptg.org
cc

Subject
[pianotech] Flippin a Truck

Greetings,

There is a church with a 7'0'' Baldwin.  It is currently sitting on a
truck in the front of the sanctuary.  There is no room to put it on the
stage, so it is sitting in front of the stage on the main floor.  Some men
in the church are deciding to take the truck and flip it over, so the
piano will sit taller.

The music minister does not like that idea and has volunteered to build a
platform for the piano instead, but others like the idea of flipping the
truck, so the piano will gain approx. 8''.

Knowing that the trucks are not designed to use upside down, has this been
done before, successfully??

Thanks in advance!

TODD PIANO WORKS
Matthew Todd, Piano Technician