[pianotech] Monkey Help Needed

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Sun Jul 5 06:31:28 MDT 2009

This message arrived after Keith's message to which I responded.

Perhaps the action has been repaired before. Some Chickerings had a coil spring on the sostenuto monkey, which tended to misbehave. My impression is that the systems were under-engineered to make room for player systems.

So whatever you can do to make it work better should work better in this best-of-all-possible-worlds.

Good luck!

Ed S.