[pianotech] refilling 1/3 lb spools

G Cousins cousins_gerry at msn.com
Mon Jul 6 13:58:14 MDT 2009

Greg,

Have used this design for years. Copied the pics from the web. Hope you can see them.

Self explanatory. Simple to build. Rod,window opener, wood. Make the wood bars about 3" long for small coils.

Hook end of wire into slot and rotate. I do have the left end with a slot to remove the coil off of the jig. Once the wood wears out just rebuild with more scrap wood.  Not all that pretty but functional I refill from my large spools and reload the small cans. For the fine ga wire I still have and reload some of the old Ford spools.

They may have been old laundry clothes line spools but I don't know for sure. Hope this helps

Gerry C

--Forwarded Message Attachment--