[pianotech] Piano Stage Lift

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Mon Jul 6 19:56:39 MDT 2009

Floyd

I don't know why the hall would be asking you about this. You're just the guy who takes care of the piano. You're not a stage hand, you're not a piano mover, you're not a structural engineer. (Not, of course, unless you are all those things).

I would suggest to the hall that they contact a company that specializes in stage design, or at most, a company that knows about lift systems. Once, they've figured out how to lift the piano up and down, maybe you can render some help in how to keep the piano from falling off the contraption.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Mililani, Oahu, HI
808-349-2943